Lyon is among the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. Some of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The actual park had been built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been added where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium tank is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The mall has the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and discover bons plans restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the 3rd largest town and second largest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Romans and a history city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the month of September and October.